5 Things We Learned From Libraries
National Library Week, April 8-14, 2018
Libraries offer something for everyone. Whether you’re catching up on magazines while your children play, finding a corner to hide away and get some serious studying done or sitting in the stacks reading a great page-turner, libraries are vast in knowledge, people, and experiences. As a valuable part of the community, we honor our local libraries on National Library week, April 8-14th.
Libraries hold a special place in our heart here at ASI. We’ve partnered with libraries and their communities across the states of Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois on renovations, new builds, and recognition displays.
Five Important Things We’ve Learned:
- The library does not exist without the community. Well planned campaigns and thoughtful recognition signage is imperative to honor those who support the library.
- Library staff are passionate about their facilities. A high level of care, thoughtfulness, and understanding is necessary with the design and planning of signage whether it be interior, exterior, donor, or digital.
- Libraries are typically wide open spaces (with lots of shelving, obviously). Bold overhead signage allows patrons to come in and scan their environment to develop their path.
- Resources are tight. Any funds saved can be easily spent in other areas to benefit patrons. Value engineering a sign design with similar products that do not compromise the design are always a great solution.
- Librarians are the nicest people on the face of the earth. If you can’t find something all you need to do is ask.
Our entire ASI team encourage you to visit your local library soon. Lastly, warm wishes to all of our friends at the American Library Association a Happy Library Week! #ilovemylibrary
Library week hashtag: #ilovemylibrary
We nominated, now go vote for your favorite signs from 2019. Donor walls, interior signage, exterior signage, stadium signage, theatre signage, it's all represented in projects from 2019. View all the details here and vote @ASILatimerGroup Facebook page.
Every theatre is unique in terms of architectural design, materials, goals for the project, and customer type. Here are three common themes that all cinema signage projects have in common. Budget, brand, and beauty are to be considered in all theatre signage. Learn more here.
Developers, architects or property owners looking to capitalize on the live-work-play trend, should consider the key role signage plays in promoting, directing and informing patrons of mixed use developments. From choosing the right sign partner to design considerations. Put signage to work.
Like what you see?
Get more ideas, design, and inspiration delivered to your inbox on a monthly basis. Sign up for our email, we won’t waste your time!